Background and Eligibility
The Ontario Waterpower Association’s Stewardship Award is an integral part of the Association's commitment to environmentally responsible and sustainable development. The award is given out annually to recognize those organizations that have demonstrated leadership in the waterpower industry in any of the following areas:
- sustainable waterpower development;
- preservation of the environment through various environmental initiatives;
- corporate citizenship and creating positive dialogue with local communities;
- safeguard of the public health and safety; or
- has made significant contributions to build capacity among First Nations communities through co-development.
Any organization is eligible to receive the award, provided that the organization is nominated by a representative member of the Ontario Waterpower Association.
A Selection Committee, comprised of a subset of the OWA Board of Directors, will review the nominations. The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2021.