The OWA has released the long anticipated 2020 Year In Review. 2020 has been a year like no other and this publication highlights our successes, challenges and new opportunities within the waterpower industry, with guest articles from OWA members and partner organizations. Thank you to our advertisers. Their support helps make this publication possible.
Clicking on the Table of Contents below will deliver you directly to the article page of the publication.
- Welcome Message from the Chair
- The Next Big Challenge and Opportunity – IESOs Resource Adequacy Initiative
- Educating the Next Generation of Waterpower Professionals – University of Toronto
- Covid 19 – What’s We Have Learned As Our Workplaces Transform – Stantec
- Two New Efficient Units Set to Boost Clean Power Output at Sir Adam Beck Hydroelectric Station – Ontario Power Generation
- Today’s Industry Stands to Benefit from Taking Part in Progressive Indigenous Relations – Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Increasing Reliability of Critical Gear Units with GearWatch – DB Santasalo
- Species Identification from Intake Waters Using DNA – SLR Consulting
- Kenora GS Redevelopment – Resetting the Clock on a Veteran Asset – H20 Power
- Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Association (FOCA) and OWA Data Sharing Partnership
- Taking Stock of Your Penstock – The Underrated Importance of Maintaining Key Facility Structure – Kleinschmidt Group
- Mobilizing Local Knowledge of Flood Risk – Kisters
- Operating in a Material World – Thordon Bearings
- 2020 Challenge or Opportunity?
- Proud OWA Members, Partners and Community Champions
- 2021 Industry Event Listings