Learn about Waterpower
Ontario Power Authority - Kids Corner - CLICK HERE
Grades 1, 6 & 9
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers Ontario teachers free resource kits to help teach electrical energy and electricity generation to students in Grades 1, 6 and 9. OPG has developed the resources in consultation with science educators across the province. The resources align to expectations in the current Ontario Curriculum.
OPG Free Resource Kit & Information - CLICK HERE
"First, lets start with some history about waterpower. Click here when you are ready to move on."
- Ontario's Waterpower industry has been producing renewable energy for more than 150 years
- Waterpower was originaly used by mills, where waterwheels turned their equipment
- Until about 50 years ago, waterpower produced all the province's electricity
- Waterpower aided in the growth of Ontario and today provides approximately 26% of Ontario's energy
- Approximately 200 waterpower facilities are currently generating power in Ontario