Learn about Waterpower
"First, lets start with some history about waterpower. Click here when you are ready to move on."
- Ontario's Waterpower industry has been producing renewable energy for more than 150 years
- Waterpower was originaly used by mills, where waterwheels turned their equipment
- Until about 50 years ago, waterpower produced all the province's electricity
- Waterpower aided in the growth of Ontario and today provides approximately 26% of Ontario's energy
- Approximately 200 waterpower facilities are currently generating power in Ontario